Corepla operates based on the principles of efficiency, effectiveness and cost optimisation in working towards the recycling and recovery targets for plastic packaging in Italy.
It pursues these environmental goals by organising a network of transport, sorting and processing centres throughout Italy.
These centres cover the following activities:
- technical and economic support to municipalities for the separate collection of plastic packaging waste and its subsequent sorting;
- recycling of sorted materials;
- energy recovery of the non-recyclable portion of materials;
- market-supported action for the collection and recycling of plastic packaging waste from private sources (Trade & Industry);
- communication with leading stakeholders and government awareness action concerning collection and recycling issues;
- research and development, providing technical support for companies on industrial and market opportunities involving recycling and applications of recycled plastic;
- analysis and controls across the entire chain.